150g Blacksticks Blue Cheese
If you have a breadmaker, use it to make a loaf sized quantity of your favourite bread dough or use the quantities below which work just as well if you make bread by hand or in a breadmaker.
475ml Warm water
400g Strong plain bread flour
1tsp Quick action yeast
It is easiest to make your dough in a breadmaker but you can make by hand. You'll need a loose bottomed 20cm (8 inch) non-stick cake tin in which to bake the bread.
Blacksticks Blue cheese tear and share bread was invented by Tim, Butlers head cheesemaker, and now it’s a firm favourite with a bowl of tomato soup at the end of a hard day’s work.
- First make your dough and prove either in the breadmaker or in a warm place for about an hour. Turn out your bread and knead.
- Roll out your dough to an approximate rectangle about 35cm x 20cm and sprinkle with the Blacksticks Blue cheese.
- Roll up like a swiss roll and cut into 8 pieces.
- Arrange in a tin with one piece in the middle and the others round about. Set aside in a warm place to prove for 40 minutes or so and pre-heat your oven to 220°c / gas mark 7. Bake for between 30 and 40 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool a little then turn out. Tear and share! Especially delicious when still warm.