Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas without Blacksticks Blue – it’s bright, it’s blue, it’s delicious! It’s so much more than just the shining star on your cheese board. Why not give your Christmas guests a taste of the unexpected with our Blacksticks Blue Brussels recipe? The results are crispy, creamy, sumptuous and rather spectacular looking!
Sprouts deserve a bit of love – they are tasty little balls of deliciousness and once dressed with some crispy pancetta, and bit of Blacksticks Blue, they look a million dollars.
You can serve Blacksticks Blue Brussels as canapés, as a starter or as part of your Christmas lunch. You could even whip it up with your leftover sprouts as a Boxing Day snack to enjoy whilst watching that Christmas classic.
Blacksticks Brussels Serves 4
- 450g Brussels sprouts, crossed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 pack of pancetta rashers
- 1 pack of Blacksticks Blue
- Wooden skewers
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on a baking tray and drizzle with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Fry the pancetta for about 5 minutes, or until the pancetta gets crispy.
- Cube Blacksticks Blue to be slightly smaller than the sprouts.
- Skewer pancetta, followed by a sprout, followed by the cheese - weaving the pancetta through.